paper on remailers in the intelligence community

Timothy C. May tcmay at got.net
Wed Feb 7 16:01:43 PST 1996

At 4:41 AM 2/7/96, sameer wrote:
>http://www.strassmann.com/pubs/anon-remail.html
>
>        A friend at Hotwired (yes, he's still my friend even though he
>works for Hotwired) pointed me to some FUD which led Futplex to the
>above paper.
>        It's an interesting viewpoint.. salient quotes:
>
>"By far the greatest threat to the commercial, economic and political
>viability of the Global Information Infrastructure will come from
>information terrorists. "
>
>"Anonymous re-mailers are here to stay. Like in the case of many
>virulent diseases, there is very little a free society can do to
..

The affiliation of the authors is interesting:

----
by Paul A. Strassmann, US Military Academy, West Point; and Senior Advisor,
SAIC
and William Marlow, Senior Vice President, Science Applications
International Corporation (SAIC)
----

Now, what were people saying about SAIC and its role in intelligence
matters saying again?  (Not to mention the Inter-NIC stuff.)

--Tim May, "wanted for information terrorism"

Boycott espionage-enabled software!