"PGP-Scape"? (was Re: Our "New Order")

John Pettitt jpp at software.net
Tue Feb 6 15:04:27 PST 1996

At 01:58 PM 2/6/96 -0800, Tom Weinstein wrote:
>Deranged Mutant wrote:
>>
>> No. SSL doesn't encrypt everything, just certain transactions (or am I
>> wrong about this?)  Something that keeps everything encrypted and
>> anonymous.
>
>SSL encrypts everything that goes across an SSL connection.

I think the confusion is that most sites don't run anything but transactions
over the SSL link for speed reasons.  Anything the the user and/or webmaster
*choose* to send over an SSL pipe is protected (assuming non export versions).

John Pettitt, jpp at software.net
VP Engineering, CyberSource Corporation, 415 473 3065
 "Technology is a way of organizing the universe so that man
  doesn't have to experience it." - Max Frisch