Sometimes ya just gotta nuke em

Vincent Gebes vgebes at jp.psi.com
Mon Feb 5 16:36:47 PST 1996

Hi,

While avoiding the many political issues in this thread to
which my opinion is of little value,

 > As far as Pax Americana goes, the Japanese just _volunteered_ to_increase_
 > the payments they make to support the American garrison in Japan. The
 > non-Okinawans want us in their country.

this is so far off the mark as to be hilarious.  Public opinion
against US troops in Japan is pretty high.  Don't confuse what
the government does to have any bearing on what people want.
Also realize that US mass media's portrayal of events in Japan
may be quite different than that of Japan's mass media.  I would
expect that this is true elsewhere as well...

Vince Gebes
PSI Japan