Encryption and Backups

Alan Olsen alano at teleport.com
Mon Feb 5 16:08:28 PST 1996

At 08:33 PM 2/4/96 -0800, John Pettitt wrote:

>On Sun, 4 Feb 1996, Alan Olsen wrote:
>
>> Something that I have not seen addressed is the need for strong encryption
>> in backup software.

>CP Backup (part of PC Tools for Central Point aka Symantec) has DES. As to
>how good the implementation is: I have no idea.

I have a copy, but I have not yet verified the key sizes.  It is on my list
of projects.  (My current project is for determining if an app is accessing
your PGP files under Win95.  I may be stuck for a bit though...  Looks like
I might need the DDK to compile it.)
Alan Olsen -- alano at teleport.com -- Contract Web Design & Instruction
        `finger -l alano at teleport.com` for PGP 2.6.2 key
                http://www.teleport.com/~alano/
         Is the operating system half NT or half full?