Sometines ya just gotta nuke em-and nuke em again

Jordan Hayes jordan at Thinkbank.COM
Sun Feb 4 13:02:05 PST 1996

	From tallpaul at pipeline.com Sun Feb  4 11:47:09 1996

	When I read the first post by T.C. May on the mass nuclear
	bombings of civilians I thought his post was: a) off-topic
	for the cypherpunks list and; b) wrong.

By the way, the certainly *is* a crypto-relevance to this thread,
since much of what we knew at the time about the Japanese high
command and their motivations and actions was learned through MAGIC
intercepts.  It also has quite a lot to do with how these intercepts
(and related documents) were released over time; the intentionality
of what was released, when, and how shows a good deal about how
this subject was managed by our government.

Since I practically started it (by calling into question Tim's
recitation of the story invented about the 500,000 Americans "saved"
by dropping the bomb), I'd like to call on those who are interested
in it to do some more searching, reading, analyzing and talking.

But not here.

Thanks,

/jordan