Nu?

Anonymous nobody at REPLAY.COM
Thu Feb 1 22:50:47 PST 1996

Tim May, 2/1/96, 10:39:

> * I believe that much of "Jewish culture" is, for historical reasons,
> closely related to German culture. It is understandable that so many Jews
> hate Germans and German culture, but also sad. (I don't mean the newer
> Israeli/Hebrew culture, but the Yiddish/German culture, which was so shaken
> by the Holocaust that, sadly in my opinion, it cannot acknowledte its
> essential Germanness.)

   We have an old saying, Tim, "Nisht geshtoygen, nisht gefloygen," which
more or less means "You're making no sense" - literally, "You're not
standing, you're not flying." I'll bow to you on CP-related matters any
day, but on the subject of Yiddish culture you're clearly pretty clueless.
No great loss, I assure you.

   ObCrypto: Reputations are subject-specific, not global. Your reputation
on the Holocaust is nill, about the same as my relatives' (the ones with
the funny striped suits and tattoos on their forearms) reputations are on
the subject of encryption.
   Stick to crypto, folks - this isn't Shoah-punks.