Hardening lists against spam attacks

Scott V. McGuire svmcguir at syr.edu
Tue Dec 31 21:42:13 PST 1996

I am using one of those email interfaces (premail + pine) and had trouble
reading your last message.  I had to save the PGP attachement to a file.
To quote it, I had to read it in from a file.  No big deal, and if I
changed software I could probably make it automatic.  I suspect most
people on the list have yet to set up any software of this type.  So if I,
already using such software, had a little trouble with one message, how
much trouble would others have?  Then if the entire list were encrypted?
I suspect the list would lose a lot of subscribers.

Scott V. McGuire <svmcguir at syr.edu>
PGP key available at http://web.syr.edu/~svmcguir
Key fingerprint = 86 B1 10 3F 4E 48 75 0E  96 9B 1E 52 8B B1 26 05