confidential banking?

troubled at mailmasher.com troubled at mailmasher.com
Thu Dec 26 14:35:32 PST 1996

I saw a posting on alt.privacy a couple of days ago from
100022.1345 at compuserve.com (Mark Mage) advertising the
availability of what he called "the safest kind of bank
account legally available", something called "an anonymous
'Sparbuch'" account in Austria.

He said "The anonymous account is a bearer's account without
a name or, alternatively, may be made out in whatever pseudonym
you choose (as long as it is not obscene or otherwise illegal)."

I'm not at all familiar with Austrian banking law or this type
of account.  Would someone tell me if this is worth checking
into further?  'Mark Mage' says these accounts usually cost
$200 - $400 to set up, but he's asking "considerably less".

troubled at mailmasher.com