WHICH

Eric Murray ericm at lne.com
Thu Dec 26 11:50:28 PST 1996

listproc at plaidworks.com writes:

> cypherpunks at toad.com: You are subscribed to the following lists;
> if none appear, you are not subscribed to any:
> MINORS
> MINORS-SCORES
> IHL
> BAY-AREA-HOCKEY
> ROLLER-HOCKEY-INTL
> WOMEN-IN-HOCKEY
> GIANTS
> GIANTS-TICKETS
> BASEBALL-CHAT
> SHARKS
> SHARKS-TICKETS
> SHARKS-CHAT
> HOCKEY-CHAT
> DALLAS-STARS
> LA-KINGS
> ONLINE-DRIVE
> PIT-PENGUINS
> MAPLE-LEAFS
> OTT-SENATORS
> PHX-COYOTES
> BHAWKS-L
> COL-AVALANCHE
> HOCKEY-COACHES
> HOCKEY-REFEREES
> CAL-FLAMES
> OAK-ATHLETICS
> HOCKEY-PLAYERS

I've submitted a request to unsubscribe cypherpunks from these lists.
I have also notified the operator of plaidworks.com of the problem.

While I think that his web-based list-subscription tools is neat, it's
obvious that the potential for abuse is large.  What solutions are there
for protecting us from assholes like the one who signed cypherpunks
up to all these lists?

Maybe soon all lists will require some form of digital ID from new
subscribers?

--
Eric Murray  ericm at lne.com  ericm at motorcycle.com  http://www.lne.com/ericm
PGP keyid:E03F65E5 fingerprint:50 B0 A2 4C 7D 86 FC 03  92 E8 AC E6 7E 27 29 AF