Remember Canseco.....

Lilian Bartholo elbee at crl.com
Thu Dec 26 10:00:39 PST 1996

I only remember the days when Jose  gave the A's 730 rbis in 7.5
years.  Excitement and charisma at the plate and a slew of good
deeds that the press never talked about.

The only "cancer" in the clubhouse that I'm glad is now gone was
TLR and his chosen few clan.

If TLR thought Jose was so bad, then why did he call him during
the offseason last year and asked him if he would play first base for him
in St. Louis?   Maybe he just wanted to have him around so he could
use him as a distraction and as a scape-goat when things turned sour
with the team.

Lil