Unix Passwd

Carl Johnson toto at sk.sympatico.ca
Thu Dec 26 06:42:04 PST 1996

Fyodor Yarochkin wrote:

> Anyone has any success in breaking this?
> -f

   I was visiting a business running SCO Xenix, and they were all
aflutter over the fact that their 'root' password was fucked, and
they couldn't perform any System Administration tasks.
   I took their SCO installation disks, used the 'find' command to
find the 'passwd' file, and piped it to the editor.  I blanked out
the password for 'root' and rebooted the system.  When logging on
as root, it prompted them for a new 'root' password.

   By the way, do you know why a 'Back Door' is so named?
   It's because when someone comes in through it, and wreaks havoc,
you wake up with a sore asshole.

Toto
  "The King of Country Porno"
  "The World's Foremost Computer Expert"