Untraceable Payments, Extortion, and Other Bad Things

J Durbin slothrop at poisson.com
Tue Dec 24 15:37:42 PST 1996

On Tue, 24 Dec 96 12:19:22 -0800, you wrote:

>>You obviously (deliberately?) are misrepresenting May's comment above.  It
>>isn't that some kinds of evil are "no big deal":  It's that quantiatively,
>>refusing to accept a solution that would prevent, say, 100 deaths, simply
>>because it would cause _one_ DIFFERENT death is foolish and misguided.
>>
>>If you feel inclined to deny this, consider the reverse situation:  Would
>>you approve of the saving of one life if it cost 100 lives?  (all things
>>being equal.)  While most people would feel uncomfortable being asked to
>>make decisions of this kind, that does not mean that one outcome is not
>>identifiably better than another.
>
>*I* am misrepresenting Timmy's statement?
>please explain to me how anonymous extortion and kidnapping/ransom (what
>Timmy was talking about) saves lives along the lines of the above
>reasoning...

{netcom18:1} last vznuri
vznuri    ttyp7    den-co-pm15.netc Tue Dec 24 12:15 - 13:24  (01:09)
vznuri    ttyp4    den-co-pm6.netco Fri Dec 20 16:10 - 16:11  (00:00)

Nu, what is Nuri's relationship to Colin james III and Dimi Vulis,
both of whom have implicated their adversaries with an italian porno
site?

jd
--
Fight spam: http://www.vix.com/spam