Let's write a good Usenet spambot

Ross Wright rwright at adnetsol.com
Tue Dec 24 13:33:57 PST 1996

On or About 24 Dec 96 at 13:33, Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM wrote:

> Ross, let's write a good Usenet spambot. The ones out there suck
> because they go through newsgroups alphabetically and post the same
> crap all at once. Then they get detected and cancelled by assholes
> like Chris Lewis.

Yeah, those assholes are getting in the way of my first amendment
right to spam the fuck out of anyone and everyone I fucking want
to!!!!

My hero, Larry Flint, says "The price of freedom of speech is
tolerance of other people's views.:  So everyone can Fucking
tolerate as much spam as a spamming robot can be told to spew!!!

> A good spambot would cover all unmoderated newsgroups, look for
> traffic, pretend to follow up on postings from actual people, say
> something on-topic, and post your message, but vary it randomly, so
> it's almost never the same.

Dr., this is a stroke of genius!!  I think we should start on this
immediately!  No one would even know it was spam, or a spamming
robot!!!

> I think we can make a pretty good program. "Cypher punks" don't
> write code, but we do.

Fuck them if they can't take a joke!!!  Let's write some code!  I am
cc:ing this to a couple others who helped me write the "link
following" web-robot I am currently using!  Let's get on this usenet
thing NOW!!!!

Ross

Ross Wright
King Media: Bulk Sales of Software Media and Duplication Services
http://www.slip.net/~cdr/kingmedia
Voice: 415-206-9906