domestic laws/policies

bobbi rkluge at nunic.nu.edu
Mon Dec 23 19:47:12 PST 1996

hello:

I have been following the controversy regarding cryptographic software
for some time now, and I am hoping that someone on the list could clarify
a point for me:

If I wanted to develop software that employs cryptography, or a
new cryptographic algorithm, strictly for domestic use and sale, does this
algorithm have to be registered with any domestic agency?

There is a great deal of information on Gak, and the controversy
surrounding it, but as of yet I have not been able to find out this type
of information.

thanks
jg