Ebonics

Mike Duvos mpd at netcom.com
Mon Dec 23 18:13:12 PST 1996

Dale Thorn writes:

> Dr. Vulis has in fact been forcibly unsubscribed.  He's on my "who
> cypherpunks" list as of 12 Oct 1996, but does not appear as of
> 04 Nov, 30 Nov, and 18 Dec, when I last asked for a list.

> The fact that he still reads the list and does posts only adds to the
> arguments against censorship, specifically John Gilmore's censorship.
> (This has got to be embarrassing for Gilmore, hee hee.  I'll bet he
> practices keeping a straight face in front of a mirror, in case anyone
> brings it up in person.)

The list is archived on the Web in real time, and you don't have to
be a subscriber to post to it.  I have participated in the list during
periods when I was not "suscrived" with little noticable loss in
functionality.

Facts, which, if known to Gilmore, would have prevented him from making
a public ass of himself.  Heck, we never unsubscribed Detweiler, and
he was certainly consuming orders of magnitude more bandwidth than the
good doctor ever has, regardless of what one may think of the S/N ratio.

     mpd at netcom.com     $    via Finger.                      $