Legality of requiring credit cards? (fwd)

Moroni moroni at scranton.com
Mon Dec 23 17:50:22 PST 1996

         I can't see how it is legal to allow credit card agencies. Where
is the legality if the individual doesn't want to be included in its data
bases? There is no voluntaryness on the part of the major part of the
population.Has anyone ever questioned the legality of the existence of
these credit reporting agencies.

On Sun, 22 Dec 1996, Charles Gimon wrote:

> Date: Sun, 22 Dec 1996 23:22:54 -0600 (CST)
> From: Charles Gimon <gimonca at skypoint.com>
> To: cypherpunks at toad.com
> Subject: Legality of requiring credit cards? (fwd)

       xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
       x   No success can compensate for failure in the home.  x
       x                                                       x
       xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx