Untraceable Payments, Extortion, and Other Bad Things

Vladimir Z. Nuri vznuri at netcom.com
Sun Dec 22 22:17:36 PST 1996

poor timmy laments that no one responded to his latest
gedanken masterpiece. I am very pleased to be the one to
relieve him of his loneliness.

Timmy writes:
>Fortunately for the bulk of us, the likely number of deaths and economic
>losses from such crimes of kidnapping, extortion, and even murder for hire,
>is still likely to be vastly lower than the number of deaths caused by
>powerful central governments enriching themselves and their cronies with
>foreign wars. Not to mention the deaths in the Drug War, the lives wasted
>in other interferences in private behavior, etc.

imho, it's a very warped kind of mind that insinuates some evil is no
big deal because greater evils exist in the world.

it's an argument I see often among the libertarians
around here. "what's the big deal
about murder? govt's do it all the time. everyone should be able to
murder anyone if govt's do it. why, the right to
murder people is an inalienable right!!". of course the arguments
are never made in this language-- the fun is spotting it in the
rhetoric.

>This is why I look forward to this Brave New World of fully untraceable
>communications and fully untraceable economic transactions.

ah, an even more warped mind that not merely condones it but
"looks forward to it"

careful, timmy, your slime is showing!!

(it would be fun to debate you publicly some day on your true beliefs, but
alas, you never bite. oh well, I stay amused well enough..)