Slaughter

Lucky Green shamrock at netcom.com
Sun Dec 22 17:08:30 PST 1996

At 10:12 AM 12/22/96 -0800, Dale Thorn wrote:
>Carl Johnson wrote:
>> Dale Thorn wrote:
>
>> Thanks, I love the quote but can't find it or it's source.  Perhaps I
>> can put it all together in bits and pieces.
>
>As long as we're getting closer on that one, I thought I'd add my own
>twist on another famous (but obnoxious) quote:
>
>The standard version:
>God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
>The courage to change the things I can;
>And the wisdom to know the difference.  (quote not necessarily exact).
>
>My version:
>God grant me the wisdom to know the difference between right and wrong;
>The courage to support those who I feel are doing the right things,
> and to oppose those who are doing the wrong things;
>And the serenity to do so as peacefully as possible.

Another, increasingly popular, variety of the AA "prayer" is:
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
The courage to change the things I can;
And the firepower that makes the difference.

-- Lucky Green <mailto:shamrock at netcom.com> PGP encrypted mail preferred
   Make your mark in the history of mathematics. Use the spare cycles of
   your PC/PPC/UNIX box to help find a new prime.
   http://www.mersenne.org/prime.htm