Reflections on the Bernstein ruling

Attila T. Hun attila at primenet.com
Sat Dec 21 22:50:50 PST 1996

        a good review by Greg Broiles of the reasons, expressions of
    "faith and doubt," etc. on the part of Judge Patel, and further
    confirmation of my statements on the wide open plains of judicial
    discretion on the federal bench.  Judge Patel is also to be
    commended for her courage of standing up to the pressure from the
    DOJ and the White House; I doubt she is high on their popularity
    chart... <g>

        I think my comment on firing a shot which has breached Fort
    Clinton and the thanks we owe Bernstein and all the lawyers is
    about the bottom line --we have hit the target, but we have not
    killed the beast.  It will take many more decisions, on a case by
    case basis, to fight the administration, and a few brave souls
    could be looking at three hots and a cot before it is over.

        have no doubt:  Bubba has no intention of backing down. Free
    speech, and private communication over open public lines, removes
    the power of the government to intimidate the populace; and takes
    away the media's slanted exclusivity.

    Expect a wave of prosecutions as the DOJ goes for broke.

            --attila

  ==
    Tyranny Insurance by Colt Manufacturing Co.