The Ebonic Plague

Timothy C. May tcmay at got.net
Sat Dec 21 09:04:03 PST 1996

At 11:10 PM -0800 12/20/96, Mike Duvos wrote:

>When I read Tim's original message on "Ebonics", I thought it was one
>of those witty parodies he occasionally comes up with.

Thanks for the compliment! The "Ebonics" notion is too strange for my
imagination to have come up with, though.

>Then I turned on the NBC Nightly News, and lo and behold, "Ebonics"
>was one of the featured stories, replete with commentary by former
>New York mayor Ed Koch.

Indeed, the Oakland, California school system is teaching children in a
"bilingual" program of "standard English" and "Ebonics." At least Ebonics
is simpler: I be, you be, he be, she be, we be, dey be, it be, etc.

So, how long before a lawsuit is filed ("it be filed") demanding that
election ballots be printed in Ebonics, along with those printed in
Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Vietnamese, Korean, Serbo-Croation,
Blatislavan, Talegu, and the other 43 officially recognized languages?

How long before it becomes a crime to "discriminate" (or, in Ebonics,
"discimnate") against a person ("a peeples") who speaks Ebonics as his
primary language?

Democracy has run amok in this country. There is no hope for reforming at
the ballot box, as democracy only makes things worse. Only a crypto reign
of terror can purge this land of the scum.

--Tim May

Just say "No" to "Big Brother Inside"