Credentials without Identity--Race Bits

drose at AZStarNet.com drose at AZStarNet.com
Fri Dec 20 17:39:58 PST 1996

aaron at herringn.com wrote:

>Flew down to LA recently with a firearm (checked, of course).
>
>Looking over the ticket later, I was mildly surprised to find "GUN" in
>a string of otherwise unintelligible text.

This is a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't. The last time that
I declared (as the legal notices at the check-in podium admonished me to do)
a firearm in my luggage, my bag sported a large, chromium yellow GUN tag
that also featured a graphic representation of a pistol (I guess for baggage
handlers who can't read, or can't read English, and would still like to take
advantage of one of the perks of their position).