"Cypher punks'" sexual preferences

Dale Thorn dthorn at gte.net
Thu Dec 19 23:35:28 PST 1996

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM wrote:
> Mark Allyn 206-860-9454 <allyn at allyn.com> writes:
> > I am gay.

> Mazal Tov. So are John Gilmore and Jason Durbin.

The problem with the "I am" portion of the above is it's not a whole lot
more defining than "I am" a federal agent, or "I am" a religious zealot,
or "I am" a cryptologist.

If you're a "man" or a "woman", chances are most people will know that
for sure, in person that is.  But when a person says "I'm gay", how do
you know it's true?  Maybe they just wanna play gay, to get better
acceptance on the c-punks list.

Used to be, "gay" was something different, i.e., "The child who's born
on the sabbath day, is bonnie and blithe, and good and gay". What have
they done to my language....