Bernstein (export laws unconstitutional) decision update

John Gilmore gnu at toad.com
Thu Dec 19 13:12:54 PST 1996

The full text of the decision is available at:
http:/www.eff.org/pub/Privacy/ITAR_export/Bernstein_case/Legal/961206.decision

It's still full of scannos, but we wanted to get it out to you-all ASAP.

After further consultations with the attorneys, we are not sure
whether the decision has nationwide impact or whether it is limited
to the Northern District of California (which includes SF and Silicon
Valley).  Your Mileage May Vary -- check with your lawyer.

I hear from reporters that the Administration plans to announce its
reaction to the case this evening.

	John