[OFF-TOPIC] RE: (Fwd) Books for Children's Hospitals

James A. Tunnicliffe Tunny at inference.com
Thu Dec 12 10:59:09 PST 1996

>Paul writes:
>i know that this is WAY off topic, and that we never post off-topic mail
>here,
>but, this seems worthwhile, so please excuse, (maybe flames for off-topic
>posts
>will count )
>
>cheers,
>	-paul
>>"The Houghton-Mifflin publishing co. is giving books to children's
>>hospitals; how many books they give depends on how many emails they
>>receive from people around the world.  for every 25 emails they receive,
>>they give one book--it seems like a great way to help a good cause.
>>
>>All that you have to do is email share at hmco.com.
>>
>>I hope that you can spare the seconds...and let your friends know.  So far
>>they only have 3,401 messages...last year they reached 23,000.
>>
>>This seems like an easy and simple thing to do -- please take the time!"

My "urban legend detector" pegged when I saw this, but it turns out
to be on the level.  See http://www.hmco.com/hmco/trade/hmi/polar/
for more info.

Tunny
 James A. Tunnicliffe   | WWWeb: http://www.inference.com/~tunny
 Inference Corporation  | PGP Fingerprint:   CA 23 E2 F3 AC 2D 0C 77
 tunny at Inference.com    |                    36 07 D9 33 3D 32 53 9C