PGP 3 Beta testers needed

John Anonymous MacDonald nobody at cypherpunks.ca
Tue Dec 10 17:12:55 PST 1996

> lucifer at dhp.com (Anonymous) writes:
> > All joking aside, is there any reason I shouldn't trust Tim May
> > (assuming I don't care about his personal details like sexual
> > preference, etc.)?
>
> Timmy May is a racist (especially hates Jews) and a proven liar.
> Perhaps this doesn't bother you.

The "proven liar" thing doesn't really bother me if I don't know what
he lied about and why.  I mean people say things which are untrue all
the time, but often by mistake or as a joke.  It's always possible for
some people to misinterpret what someone is saying or get really upset
about it when most people just don't think it matters.

The charges of racism and anti-semitism seem a bit more serious.  I've
been subscribed to cypherpunks for a couple of years, and have not
seen any evidence of such an attitude on the list.  I therefore find
the charges difficult to believe.  However, I'm willing to investiate
further if you point me in the right direction, as I'd like to know
about it if Tim May truly is some kind of horrible person.

Thanks.