cypher-PUNKS...

Timothy C. May tcmay at got.net
Fri Dec 6 10:59:18 PST 1996

At 11:54 PM -0500 12/5/96, jc105558 at spruce.hsu.edu wrote:
>I am writing this post to inform subcsribers of this list of the problems I
>have seen in this service.  The number one problem being off subject
>discussion
>I understand that the name of this is cypherpunks, but why not put a little
>more cypher and a lot less punk.  I can understand how it can all get started
>One person posts some intelligent information.  Then another replys
>dissagreeing
>with the original sender.  Then the sender takes it personally, and feels
>a need
>to flame the other.  There is nothing wrong with flaming a bit, but for the
>name-sake of this mailer, please post more realevent (or at least interesting)
>information.  Logos take a chill pill.  You aren't a policeman.   Tim May, do
>you have anything on subject to discuss?

I've initiated more threads on crypto-related and politico-crypto topics
than nearly anyone else. If you haven't seen them, you've been on the list
too short a time to be making such pronouncements as you've just made.

--Tim May

>p.s. Logos, Tim May nothing personal, I hope.

And don't take it personally that "jc105558 at spruce.hsu.edu" is now in my
kill file.

Just say "No" to "Big Brother Inside"