Logos -vs- Vulis

attila at primenet.com attila at primenet.com
Thu Dec 5 11:13:38 PST 1996

In <32A67717.1E5D at gte.net>, on 12/04/96
   at 11:17 PM, Dale Thorn <dthorn at gte.net> said:

::I understand that you don't want to nit-pick *every* bit of every post,
::however, once you do decide to pick on somebody, surely you could point
::to the specific fallacies, rather than wring your hands and gnash your
::teeth as you did in the long note to the Great Expelled One.
::
        hey, logos wants to perform a service.  however, let's keep the
    wailing, weeping, and gnashing of teeth on the sidelines with direct
    mail to the group involved instead of cluttering the list with yet
    more noise (like this waste of time).

::Don't think I don't know what's going on here. I got permanently
::expelled from two schools as a youth, to name just two examples from my
::illustrious career, yet after learning how to play the game, I probably
::am doing much better than most of the drones who completed their studies
::and kept their mouths shut.  My life is continually interesting, and I
::wouldn't think of trading it for the neurotic, control-freak-mentality
::lifestyle certain folks around here "enjoy".
::
    you're not unusual, in the first place since many high performers
    just were not willing to waste time in a slow paced and probably
    parochial (not religion connotation) school.

    as for a the attitude, Dale has carried right on without taking
    a break.  as for being less wired and neurotic, I doubt it --Dale's
    into big time, including picking on anyone who he deems inferior
    and or maybe even "Children of a Lesser god."

::I'm sure (if you know crypto topics) you realize that in creating a
::crypto solution, there's no substitute for rigorous attention to detail.
::I'm not opposed to paying some attention to decorum, but logic comes
::first, otherwise, you won't have a leg to stand on.
::
    and to prove your own point --but not in your favour:  since when
    did logic preclude decorum. that's sort of follows the rule:

        "profanity is the refuge of inarticulate motherfuckers."

    when you blow you own logic by being profanely indecorus. And I'll
    say it again, and again:

        if the residents of cypherpunk land can not express themselves
    with respect for their colleages, even in disagreement, then cp is
    a has been and will be quoted in ridicule by the news organizations
    and the Congress as an anarchistic bunch of uncivilized and uncouth
    barbarians screaming "cryptography and anarchy for the masses."

        Is that what you want?