IP address

AwakenToMe at aol.com AwakenToMe at aol.com
Mon Dec 2 16:46:23 PST 1996

<<
 >What is the risk of publishing your dynamic IP address to a web page while
you are on line?  How vulnerable is someone just connected to the internet,
w/o any server running? What attacks are feasable? --Internaut

 Well, if you are running Win95 (all) or 3.1 (w/certain TCP/IP stacks) your
 machine can be locked up or rebooted at *any* time using just PING!

Im not sure under what circumstances you were referring this happening in,
but I use win95 and so do friends of mine whom I ping ALL the time with their
dynamic IP address. I do this to check the time before we do some online
gaming across the net. Mind you.... I dont have to be connected to a KALI
gaming server to do this.. He lets me know his IP address via his 2nd phone
line, I log on the my ISP, goto dos and PING him.. and voila!
                                       Adam