Sen. Leahy's "impeccable cyberspace credentials"

Adamsc Adamsc at io-online.com
Sat Aug 31 23:04:14 PDT 1996

On Sat, 31 Aug 1996 18:11:52 EDT, patrick b cummings wrote:

>I agree with what you are saying but not all polititions are that bad.
>You make it sound as if their are no politisions are for freedom of the
>net.

For the most part there aren't.  Why? Well the media has sensationalized it.
How many politicians want to go on record as "protecting the rights of
child-pornographers"?  Now, this isn't a major portion of Internet usage, but
you'd never know that from what you read in the paper.  If you only listened to
them, it'd be something like this:
40% kiddie-porn
20% terrorists, bomb instructions, etc.
15% "evil hackers" who are going to steal our money, shut off our power, etc.
10% hate groups
10% pornography
03% right-wing gun nuts
02% other (research, entertainment, etc)

- "'Anonymity is bad,' says a source who wishes to remain anonymous." - Nuff' said.
* Home: Chris Adams <adamsc at io-online.com> | http://www.io-online.com/adamsc/adamsc.htp
* Autoresponder: send email w/subject of "send resume" or "send PGPKEY"
* Work: cadams at acucobol.com | V.M. (619)515-4894 | (619)689-6579
* Member in good standing of the GNU whirled hors d'oeuvre