John Gilmore gnu at toad.com
Fri Aug 30 03:03:46 PDT 1996

> I am flooded by stupid "Mailbox is full" messages from Banyan and
> CC-mail gateways.

I suggest forwarding each and every one to the tech-support address at
Banyan or at CCMail.  If that doesn't work, send them to the president
of each company, until they fix their products to adhere to Internet
standards for where to send bounce messages.

You have to keep pushing each problem back to its source; that's the
only way they get fixed.

I had good luck at this with Microsoft; I reported their bogus Win95
email software that would, by default, insert gibberish at the bottom
of each message, to their tech support folks.  When that got no useful
response, I forwarded a copy of the bug report to
<billg at microsoft.com>, with a suggestion that having numerous
gibberish messages appearing daily in popular mailing list was making
Microsoft look like unresponsive novices in the Internet market.  Hmm,
the problem went away...

	John Gilmore
	postmaster at toad.com