Mimic Function Stego Programs?

Adamsc Adamsc at io-online.com
Fri Aug 30 02:30:07 PDT 1996

On Thu, 29 Aug 1996 16:34:05 -0400 (EDT), Damien Lucifer wrote:

>I've been working on a text steg'ing program for a while that operates
>under a different premise, however. It keeps a dictionary of word pairs,
>with each word in the pair being a synonym for the other.  It will read
>which is why I never finished the decoder. Once i started encoding things,
>and realizing how little could be hidden in this manner, I stopped working

>At the moment the dictionary is very small; nearly all of the words are
>relevant to only pornographic text (since porno is both predictable, and
>repetitive, i thought it would be a good place to start). :)
And it would let you hide stuff using a flood of Usenet alt.sex.stories posts
that could be forwarded somewhere....

It sounds mainly like your program is limited by the small dictionary size.
Perhaps you could work up a front end that would make it very easy to extend
the dictionary?

- "'Anonymity is bad,' says a source who wishes to remain anonymous." - Nuff' said.
* Home: Chris Adams <adamsc at io-online.com> | http://www.io-online.com/adamsc/adamsc.htp
* Autoresponder: send email w/subject of "send resume" or "send PGPKEY"
* Work: cadams at acucobol.com | V.M. (619)515-4894 | (619)689-6579
* Member in good standing of the GNU whirled hors d'oeuvre