PGP & Default

lcs Remailer Administrator mix-admin at nym.alias.net
Fri Aug 30 02:13:51 PDT 1996

nobody at replay.com (Anonymous) writes:

>    I created a nym with a public key.  Now, it's become the default so
> when I go to send an encrypted message, I get prompted to enter the
> password for my nym key.
>    So, for the $64,000 question: How I can get my *original* public key (the one with my
> "real" email address) to again be the default.
>    Thx.

I assume you are talking about a nym.alias.net account, and that the
problem is when you want to sign a message with a key other than your
nym key?

Add a line like this

	MYNAME = <you at your.email.address>

to the file $HOME/.pgp/config.txt.  (Or wherever the equivalent is
under DOS.  Perhaps someone can tell me where the config.txt file
lives under DOS and I will add that to the help file.)