CyberTerrorism Thoughts

Barry C. Collin isi at hooked.net
Thu Aug 29 15:41:52 PDT 1996

Dear Mr. Geiger:

Thank you for your very well-thought-out presentation.  That is
precisely the kind of material we need to see more of in this forum.
It's tough to write, but it's worth it.

>From the feedback I've received, I should make this clear: regardless of
criminality issues, I do not consider hacking in to a system to view
things an act of terrorism (by classical or other definition).  My
concern, by far, is the fragility I've found with systems connected to
physical processes -- processes that affect the physical world.

Your segmentation of motivation and actions was excellent.  I look
forward to your future commentary and postings.

Also, although it is sometimes difficult (myself no exception), I think
you'd agree that this factual, non-flame approach gets far more work
done.  Your response in that manner was appreciated.

Regards,
Barry C. Collin
--
Institute for Security and Intelligence