A _REALLY_ Interesting Bet

Gary Howland gary at systemics.com
Wed Aug 28 12:45:51 PDT 1996

Anonymous wrote:

> Betting on football is one thing, but some of us would be very
> interested in the odds on US presidential election outcomes as
> November approaches. This kind of betting is illegal here, and
> I haven't looked lately for a "Ladbroke's" type site, but it is
> interesting because the betting odds from across the Atlantic
> more closely match eventual election results than the annoying
> calls from Gallup & Roper during suppertime. I have posted here,
> anonymously, on this topic before, but some of you are aware of
> who I am. I'll thank you to keep that a secret. ;}

Thinking about this some more - what would people want to see in such a
betting system.  Would you be happy with two choices?:

	(Clinton/Dole) or Other

or three choices?:

	Clinton, Dole or Other

or would you want more choices than this?  I'm asking, since we've been
tossing around this presidential election idea for a few days now, but
since we're not Americans, we're not too sure what is a suitable set
(bearing in mind that our idea for this will get more difficult as the
number of choices increases).

Gary
--
pub  1024/C001D00D 1996/01/22  Gary Howland <gary at systemics.com>
Key fingerprint =  0C FB 60 61 4D 3B 24 7D  1C 89 1D BE 1F EE 09 06