Microsoft Explorer security hole (fwd) MSoft's reply...

SCN User bf578 at scn.org
Tue Aug 27 22:32:06 PDT 1996

Actually I think its thier lack of foreseeing how a produbt can and will be
used.  Problems throughout thier line of products show this off.
Most of thier products are a creation of Microsoft anyway, they've stolen,
borrowed, purchased or purchased the company to obtain their products, then
added features upon features so they can market the hell out of it
to become #1 in market share. Many cases they've taken a reliable product
and made it less than reliable.
  I don't understand why people continue to support Microsoft they way
they do!

   Ponder the thought of Microsoft buying up every web server/broswer
  company in the first year or two of the WEB?  Would it have made it where
  it is today?
  Ponder the thought of Micorosft having ultimate control over the
  IETF

>In my experience, one of Microsoft's main problems when it comes to security
>has been its developers and program/product managers don't think like "bad
>guys" when it comes to design and subsequent exploits and holes.
>Unfortunately, the user is the ultimate loser.
>
>Joel
>
>BTW - The paranoid side of me wouldn't be surprised to see PC
>"espionage-enabled" viruses and trojans within the next few years.  Their
>main purpose would be to either disable or patch various security features
>for later attacks, or directly snatch information off of hard drives and
>send it out over the Net.  I know of a few lab projects of a similar nature,
>that were very easy to implement.

BTW: When is this list/listserver going to convert the reply-to fields to
     point to cypherpunks at toad.com?

There are no facts, only interpretations.

I always wanted to be somebody,