Spamming (Good or Bad?)

James C. Sewell jims at MPGN.COM
Mon Aug 26 17:06:10 PDT 1996

At 03:47 AM 8/24/96 -0500, William H. Geiger III wrote:

>No I have to dissagree. Who I send mail to or whom I receive mail from is
>no-ones business. I for one have no intention of "signing up" or
>"regestering" with any mail server. I most certainally want to be the one to
>decide what mail I receive or do not receive, not someone elses idea of what
>I should receive.

Upon reflection I can say you are right, UNLESS we can put this "signup"
thing on the end-user's machine so he can set it in his own privacy and
no one else can pilfer it.

The ultimate solution is AI mail clients, but that's too far off to wait for,
I feel.

Jim Sewell - jims at tansoft.com    Tantalus Incorporated - Key West, FL