Weird "Suppression" messages

Alan Olsen alano at teleport.com
Sat Aug 24 18:56:36 PDT 1996

At 10:36 PM 8/23/96 -0700, Z.B. wrote:
>On Fri, 23 Aug 1996, Alan Olsen wrote:
>
>> At 10:54 PM 8/20/96 -0700, Rich Graves wrote:
>> >   ----- Message body suppressed -----
>> >
>> >--SAA08114.840765294/tera.mcom.com--
>>
>> This is bizzare.  I have gotten three messages with this message.
>>
>> Is someone at Netscape canceling messages?  (mcom.com is the old domain name
>> of Netscape.)
>>
>> Anyone have any ideas on this?
>
>I don't have a clue what it is, but it's sure pissing me off.  I've
>gotten about 15 or so of these messages in the past two hours.  If it's
>an honest error, then someone better fix it real fast; if some loser is
>jerking us around, ......

Some list redirector of somesort has gone wonky at Netscape.  (Take a look
at the headers if you do not believe me.  They are originating off of some
internal lists at mcom.com, the original Netscape domain.)

Cypherpunks is not the only list effected by this.  I am getting these weird
messages on wwwsecurity as well.

Since it is Friday, I expect that this will be with us until someone gets in
the office on Monday.
---
|  "Remember: You can't have BSDM without BSD. - alan at ctrl-alt-del.com  "|
|"The moral PGP Diffie taught Zimmermann unites all| Disclaimer:         |
| mankind free in one-key-steganography-privacy!"  | Ignore the man      |
|`finger -l alano at teleport.com` for PGP 2.6.2 key  | behind the keyboard.|
|         http://www.teleport.com/~alano/          | alano at teleport.com  |