(fwd) ANNOUNCE: Free Little PGP Credit Card App

Alan Olsen alano at teleport.com
Fri Aug 23 14:03:18 PDT 1996

At 07:54 PM 8/22/96 -0400, Damaged Justice wrote:
>>From: "David j. Sopuch" <djs at iwinpak.com>
>Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.www.misc
>Subject: ANNOUNCE: Free Little PGP Credit Card App
>Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 12:00:24 -0400
>
>v2.08 of the iWinpak Internet Payment System is now available in
>both freeware and shareware versions at http://www.iwinpak.com

An interesting little piece of CGI code, but the demo leaves a bit to be
desired.  The demo is for bank checks.  The order form has you sending your
bank information (including bank number and check info) in the clear. So the
hooks into your credit card are not sent in the clear, but the ones to your
bank are...  Double plus ungood.

It is a start...  How good of one, I am not certain though...
---
Alan Olsen -- alano at teleport.com -- Contract Web Design & Instruction
        `finger -l alano at teleport.com` for PGP 2.6.2 key
                http://www.teleport.com/~alano/
  "We had to destroy the Internet in order to save it." - Sen. Exon
                "Microsoft -- Nothing but NT promises."