[NOISE] Mysterious Numbers in Hacked DOJ Pages

Rich Graves rich at c2.org
Thu Aug 22 19:58:13 PDT 1996

On Thu, 22 Aug 1996, Mark O. Aldrich wrote:

> This should be good for a conspiracy thread or two:

I'm game.

> I've noticed that nobody seems to be taking credit for the DOJ hack.  In
> studying the hacked page (I thought maybe they'd leave a clue as to who
> they were), I noticed that on the top right corner of the page, there are
> two sets of numbers.  The first says "1020" and the second says "757."
> The are stored in the same .JPG file, 1020757.jpg.  In poking around the

Try the 908 area code, from which the initial report to alt.2600 came. I
haven't tried the number, because I don't want to incriminate myself, but
757 appears to be a valid exchange.

The Cisco 1020 has a default password that some people forget to change.

A Boeing 757 went down under mysterious circumstances recently. The time was
approximately 10:20 AM. Why hasn't the press reported whether a close
Clinton associate involved in the Mena affair was aboard that plane? Hmmmmm.

Add the numbers up and you get 1777, "the shot heard 'round the world."

What was going on in Area 51 last week?

1-888-757-1020 is mysteriously "unreachable" now.

-rich