CS First Boston lawsuit

Robert A. Rosenberg hal9001 at panix.com
Wed Aug 21 23:22:31 PDT 1996

At 3:29 AM 8/19/96, Alan Horowitz wrote:
>I suspect they are trying to get a judgement against "John Doe", in the
>hopes of tracking him down later.
>
>Actually, if I had a sizeable judgement against such a John Doe, I could
>probably find a private detective who would find the dude for a
>contingent fee. Wow, a whole new class of factoring (commerce definition)
>opens up. Get me a lawyer....

Since the messages were sent from an AoL account, I would assume that a
simple court order would be all that would be needed to force/require AoL
to release the billing-address records for the account. That would allow CS
First Boston to name the defendant. Refusal by AoL would just force CS
First Boston to add AoL as a co-defendant (until they supply the
name/info).