Husband/Wife jailed for saying Clinton Sucks

Brian Davis bdavis at thepoint.net
Wed Aug 21 17:52:25 PDT 1996

On Tue, 20 Aug 1996 Scottauge at aol.com wrote:

> Rush Limbaugh reports:
>
> That a husband and wife are being jailed for yelling to Clinton "You Suck".
>
> The Secret Service states additional words (yet un-uttered to the rest of us)
> were mentioned that they deemed threatening.

"I hope you die."  And the couple was arrestd for disorderly conduct by
Chicago police.  Any possible federal charges for threatening a president
in violation of 18 U.S.C. Section 871 await a determination of the
seriousness of the statement, in context with the wife's conduct, by
prosecutors.  I predict no action.

EBD