Hackers invade DOJ web site

cjs cjs at netcom.com
Mon Aug 19 00:01:16 PDT 1996

> > CNN online (http://www.cnn.com) is reporting a "breakin" by "hackers"
> > to the DOJ web site.  They don't elaborate exactly how thy did it.
>
> Did anyone save a copy of the altered web page?  I would like to see
> what the crackers did.

		  http://www.otol.fi/~jukkao/usdoj/

I think that a lot of what the freedom hacker was trying to say got
lost due to some of the pictures he included. His alterations to the
battered women's page are not going to win him any points with me or
anyone else. Nor is his "Kill the Nigs" version of clinton's
speach. Neither is particularly humerous or has anything to do with
our diminishing rights. In fact, the whole thing is more likely to
backfire then it is to do any good.

So Mr. Freedom Hacker, wherever you are out there, if you ever get a
chance to do it again, here is a little advice to you. 1) pick a
single point or common theme. 2) do not alienate 60% of your audience
in the process 3) try to be more professional and 4) let whoever did
the caption for george washington write the rest of it.

Christopher