MD5 completely broken!

Z.B. zachb at netcom.com
Sun Aug 18 14:36:55 PDT 1996

On Sun, 18 Aug 1996, Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM wrote:

> The following is true. There used to be company in Silicon Vallye that marketed
> compression software guaranteed to reduce any file to no more than 128K, no
> matter how large the input. That side worked. The decompression side didn't.

I remember reading this file somewhere...it was satirizing either
Microsoft or IBM, and in a very serious manner, described a revolutionary
new compression program that would reduce any file to a size of one
byte.  However, in order to decompress the file, a larger file containing
all of the information of the original file needed to be attached to it.
Fun to read...

---

Zach Babayco

zachb at netcom.com  <----- finger for PGP public key