Netscape under Linux (Vs microsoft)

Arnauld Dravet scraver at mnet.fr
Sun Aug 18 09:33:00 PDT 1996

Jeff Weinstein wrote:

> Alex de Joode wrote:
> >
> > Jeff Weinstein (jsw at netscape.com) wrote:
> >
> > : The final release of Navigator 3.0, complete with non-exportable
> > : strong crypto, is now available for download by US citizens.  Note
> > : that this is the released version of 3.0, so it will not expire.
> > : You can get it from:
> >
> > Would it be possible to both supply an Linux ELF and a.out binary ?
>
>   No, we will only be supplying ELF.  Since linux is not officially
> supported, we really don't have the resources to do multiple versions.
>
>         --Jeff
>
> --

yesterday i was in #linux on irc , and several pplreports some bugs with
netscape under linux.i got some too many times a day... Netscape crashes
when i try to load some HTML pages...i assume it shouldn't and we got
ansolutly no probs with Netscape under windows.
SO we just wondered if it's not a kind of support to micro$oft.
Maybe Linux is 'not officially supported', but have to know unix is the
most used OS, and that since Linux is free, many people use it. So when
will you accept to recognize Linux as an entire OS ?? i just reinstalled
Windows95 on a HD yesterday and it has already crached 2x. Windows is
expensive and it crashes. Why should we pay for a fucked 'OS' ?

Arnauld Dravet
scraver at mnet.fr
sChTrOuMf on Undernet