Unix passwd-cracker online?

Carlos L. Mariscal al177820 at campus.gda.itesm.mx
Fri Aug 16 19:38:07 PDT 1996

	Dear C'punks: (this is not Sandy, jeje)

	Just got to know from a very close friend of mine, and Unix
administrator at  very famous university in Mexico, that more than one
person has obtained a specific password by entering the desired
adresses'passord on a submnit form in a Web page.

	As far as my knowledges on Unix and experience obtained from a
couple of hackers (the 'ethic' kind, if they can be called so), this
would imply pretty much of a piece of technical work, and probably, the
presence of human support to get such a system working.

	Actually, i dont have the adress, and it sems to me that we'll
never have it if there really is such, but this came to my mind when i read
the posts  on the plate-numbers-in-Oregon polemica. I would appreciate
any kind of opinions on this specific topic, not the ones saying> Well,
if there's  ftp acces to /etc/passwd, and this is not shadowed, bla, bla,
bla. I mean real opinions...

    __
   ====         'If you can dream of it
   |__|  \\         clopez at nayar.uan.mx