Announcement: Mac-Crypto Conference Sept 5-6, 1996

Robert Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Fri Aug 16 19:14:56 PDT 1996

        The Membership of the Mac-Crypto List invites you to

                               The
                           First-Ever-
                           Last-Minute-
                         Under-the-Radar-
                Ask-Forgiveness-but-Not-Permission

                           Macintosh
                Cryptography and Internet Commerce
                 Software Development Workshop

                      September 5 & 6, 1996
              Apple R&D Campus, Cupertino, CA, USA

            This is a free workshop, but we'd *really*
               like it if you register (see below).

SOME INVITED SPEAKERS

Martin Minow
Tim Dierks
Marshall Clow
Kay Guyer
Will Price
John Callas
Quinn
Sari Harrison
Vinnie Moscaritolo
Bob Hettinga
Lucky Green
Kee Nethery
...and the inevitable mystery speakers...

(If you find your name on this list, and we haven't gotten ahold of you, you're
 invited to speak ;-).)

(Also, if you're not on this list and you should be,
 you're invited to speak too!)

WORKSHOP TOPICS:

Introductions and overviews:

   Introduction to crypto technology, what is it who are the players.

   Introduction to electronic commerce and finacial cryptography

   How to use electronic commerce technology today

   Opportunities for the Mac

Tech stuff:

   How to write internet software on the Mac

   Random number / password generation on the Mac (the key to strong crypto)

   Password management and the Mac

   Intenet Config - the next generation,  working group

   Secure networking

Open Sessions:

   We scheduled lots of time for developer demos and open discussions.

     ...and plenty of time for developers to network with Apple.

We have also left time open for last-minute speakers.  If you would like to
present a paper or give a talk, please contact Vinnie Moscaritolo at
<mailto:vinnie at apple.com>.

For more details and registration:

<http://webstuff.apple.com/~opentpt/crypto.html>

The workshop is free. Please register now, though.

Local Hotels:

Cupertino Inn, 800-222-4828
        Pretty much Across the Street.

Cupertino Courtyard by Marriot, 800-321-2211
        5 Minute Drive

Inn at Saratoga
        408-867-5020
        About 3 Miles

See you in Cupertino on September 5th and 6th!

Vinnie Moscaritolo
Apple Developer Tech Support
http://www.vmeng.com/vinnie/
Fingerprint: 4FA3298150E404F2782501876EA2146A

Robert Hettinga (rah at shipwright.com)
e$, 44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA
"'Bart Bucks' are not legal tender."
                -- Punishment, 100 times on a chalkboard,
                       for Bart Simpson
The e$ Home Page: http://www.vmeng.com/rah/