Billy boy's satellites [Was - Floating DataHaven]

Gary Howland gary at systemics.com
Fri Aug 16 05:47:45 PDT 1996

Vincent Cate wrote:

> You can get Internet via radio links for reasonable prices.  And via
> satellite for almost affordable prices.  When Bill Gates 900 satellites
> get up there it should be very affordable.

... if a tad unrealiable?

The thought of 900 satelites in low orbit, all running NT, makes me
shudder.  Brings a new meaning to the expression "OS crash".

What are cypherpunks thoughts on this?  Who really believes it'll work?

Doesn't the low orbit part mean that the satellites will have a low life
expectancy, meaning a new launch every couple of days? (where's Gerald
Bull when you need him - oh yes, now I remember ...)

Gary
--
pub  1024/C001D00D 1996/01/22  Gary Howland <gary at systemics.com>
Key fingerprint =  0C FB 60 61 4D 3B 24 7D  1C 89 1D BE 1F EE 09 06