Stealth Buildings Was Re: "X-Ray Gun" for imperceptible searches

Kevin Stephenson cts at deltanet.com
Thu Aug 15 23:21:27 PDT 1996

Alan Horowitz wrote:

> I repeat.  Generations of sweating engineers have discovered and confirmed
> that there is not an easy, "Silver Bullet" cure of the canonical problem
> of shielding electromagnetic energy from reaching someone who knows how
> to interpret it.
>
> Bill, you are welcome to look at a layer of tin foil and give a sigh of
> relief that you've shielded your gun or your crypto diskette or your
> private body parts feom someone who knows what they're doing.  Go ahead,
> chant a mantra too, if it makes you feel better.

Shielding EMF/ELF is very difficult. I had a customer who had a wobbly
monitor and the solutions just to shield the monitor from some ELF
interference was in the $1k range. Check out this site:
http://www.noradcorp.com/faq1.htm
A little primer on ELF radiation. And putting foil in the wall will do
nothing except possibly spreading the radiation to a wider area. (Like
using frosted glass. :)