More on "Fraud" and Anguilla

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Tue Aug 13 23:59:08 PDT 1996

At 10:29 PM 8/13/96 -0400, Vincent Cate wrote:
> Again, what I said was my lawyer called and said it was illegal to sell
> fake passports in Anguilla.  The fraud was taxbomber saying he never sold
> fake passports in his post to the net of "feel sorry for me my ISP made me
> relocate even though I never sold fake passports".

He never sold fake passports.  If his passports had been marked
"United States of America" or some such they would indeed be
fake.  They were not fake.  Who says that only generally recognized
governments of major nations are entitled to issue passports?

> > a) what he was offering actually violated Anguillan law (was there a
> > determination that selling camouflage passports violates a specific
> > statute?)

> My lawyer, probably the top lawyer in the country, said it is illegal in
> Anguilla. I don't have a copy of that law.

You should.

The fact that you do not indicates alarming willingness to bend over,
which is inconsistent with the way you represent your service in
your ad.  Amend the ad, or employ more spine.

and our property, because of the kind	|
derives from this right, not from the	|
arbitrary power of the state.		|   jamesd at echeque.com