"X-Ray Gun for imperceptible searches

Alan Olsen alano at teleport.com
Tue Aug 13 00:07:30 PDT 1996

At 10:36 PM 8/12/96 -0400, Weld Pond wrote:

>This thing sounds like it could be easily defeated by sewing some "space
>blanket" material on the inside of coats, etc.

You could probibly build little clip on active jammers.  (With published
specs to the "Evil Internet(tm)".)  Such intrusive methods should be pretty
easy to screw up with proper detail on their operation.  (I expect the 2600
crowd will have jammer kits available soon.  And working ones a few months
after that...)

>Maybe jackets that
>show up false positives with gun shaped cutouts will become
>fashionable with the already harrassed inner-city set.

I want one that will make me show up as a multi-tentacled alien horror from
beyond space and time.  Why make them wig out and shoot you when you can
really mess with their minds...?

---
|"Computers are Voodoo -- You just have to know where to stick the pins."|
|"The moral PGP Diffie taught Zimmermann unites all| Disclaimer:         |
| mankind free in one-key-steganography-privacy!"  | Ignore the man      |
|`finger -l alano at teleport.com` for PGP 2.6.2 key  | behind the keyboard.|
|         http://www.teleport.com/~alano/          | alano at teleport.com  |